How does the tax system reflect public attitudes towards rights, responsibilities and obligations of the state, society and citizens? And whose responsibility is it to bridge the gap between public expectations and understanding of the tax system?
Please join us for a “studio recording” discussion, followed by drinks, to review and reflect on the public mood surrounding tax events in 2017.
The discussion itself will be informed by questions crowdsourced in advance from Twitter – please submit questions via the registration form, or using the hashtag #responsibletax2017.
We look forward to welcoming the following speakers for this interactive discussion:
- Kirsty Blackman MP, SNP Deputy Westminster Leader and Spokesperson on the Economy
- Caroline Flint MP, Member of the Public Accounts Committee (invited)
- George Turner, Tax Justice UK
- Dan Neidle, Partner, Clifford Chance (invited)
- Caroline Macfarland, Director, Common Vision
- Vicky Johnson, President, ARC
This event is co-hosted by Common Vision’s Responsible Tax Lab and the Association of Revenue and Customs (ARC).